Special Issue Editors
Interests: geographic information science; remote sensing; big data; spatial data analytics and visualization; machine learning; artificial intelligence
Dr. Zhenlong Li
Interests: GIScience; geospatial big data; social media analytics; high performance computing; CyberGIS; GeoAI
With the development of data acquisition techniques, observation sensors, and social networks, a large volume of marine-related data has been rapidly generated, which has opened a new door for studying the intricate dynamics of the huge ocean ecosystem and better understanding of how our oceans influence our planet. However, it is still challenging to uncover the hidden knowledge under these big data due to the complexity involved in the big data management technologies and analytics methodologies. This Special Issue encourages researchers to submit original papers related to innovative approaches for big marine data management, analytics, and visualization. Potential topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Computing infrastructures for big marine data acquisition, query, management, and sharing.
- Advanced data cleaning, fusion, validation, and mining approaches for big marine data from difference sources.
- New data structures, algorithms, and frameworks for distributed processing and analytics of big marine data.
- New methodologies and systems for big marine data visualization and mapping.
- Applications of using big marine data to support scientific studies and decision making.
- Other research and visions related to big marine data management and analytics.